International Biomass Torrefaction Council (IBTC)
The International Biomass Torrefaction Council (IBTC) is a Brussels based international platform founded in 2012, which brings together 23 companies from all over the world. IBTC was founded by the European Biomass Association (AEBIOM) and major torrefied biomass stakeholders who decided to join forces and create a discussion platform of companies with similar interests. IBTC was also initiated in collaboration with the Dutch Torrefaction Association (DTA).
Mission and Objectives
IBTC is the common voice of the torrefaction sector which aims to promote the use of torrefied biomass as an energy carrier, to undertake studies or projects, and to commonly voice its members’ concerns to the outside world.
- Promotes the use of torrefied biomass as energy carrier
- Helps to overcome barriers of market deployment
- Presents the torrefaction industry to the general public, proposes and assists policy initiatives
- Takes part in initiatives and projects dedicated to biomass torrefaction market development such as: collection of statistical data, standardization issues, certification of and permissions for the product, communication initiatives, matters related to health and safety
- Implements a common view and approach in non-competitive matters such as H&S, Logistics, etc
- Develops the torrefaction industry providing special assistance to its members in developing the market
- Promotes the processing technology in general together with project developers, financiers and resource owners
IBTC is based in Brussels, Belgium and it is led by Michael Wild who is the IBTC President and Cristina Calderón who is the IBTC General Manager.
T: +43 676 611 76 22
T: +32 2 318 40 34
The International Biomass Torrefaction Council (IBTC)
C/O European Biomass Association
2, Place du Champ de Mars